This job ad has been posted over 30 days ago...
Business Development & Operations - Manager
at TruckHall in Kolkata (Published at 19-09-2016)
Company Name, Profile, Work Culture: TruckHall is a load fulfilment platform connecting Transporters, Brokers and Fleet Owners who reach out to the spot market for their daily transportation needs.
TruckHall facilitates a hassle-free and convenient truck hiring and load fulfilment process. It is a convenient platform supported with smart vendor discovery tools and supporting customer service. TruckHall is a rapidly growing load fulfilment platform and is accessed by visitors from across the major mandis located in Eastern India.
At TruckHall, we aspire to improve fleet utilization and ship goods faster by creating an efficient information flow. Our transparent and open platform enhances trust, respect and dignity among the transportation community.
Our association with some of the leading and respected names in the industry reinforces us as a compelling and lucrative option for transporters, brokers and fleet owners.
Efficient: All Inclusive: We want TruckHall to become the part of lives of the players in Transport industry and bring some respect and dignity to an area which is the backbone of all Industries and integral part of Indian Economy.
Team: Our team comprises of people who are passionate towards bringing a positive change and make a meaningful impact to the lives of people associated with the Indian transportation industry. Our combined backgrounds comprise technology, industry experience and past start-up experience.
Culture: All challenges and fun associated with start-ups. Competitive salary, responsibilities, flat hierarchy, daily challenges, long working hours and a fun workplace.
Functional Area: Operations & Business Development
Point of Contact for CV’s / Email ID: firstname.lastname@example.org - 08041212005.
Number of Vacancies: 2-3
Keywords: Business Development & Operations - Manager, Operations, Sales, Business Development, Marketing Operations Manager, Operations Executive.
Job Designation: Business Development & Operations - Manager
TruckHall is looking for a Business Development & Operations Manager who can assist in growing the business and maintain existing client relationships.
TruckHall operates in an extremely innovative, entrepreneurial, analytical and problem solving work culture. It is important for us that each and every member of the team is fully committed to the mission of the company and believes in getting things done.
- Core responsibility is to manage P&L for the Region covering a particular region.
- Experience in working for a logistics company, 3PL, Express Cargo having direct exposure in traffic / fleet department of a logistics / transport company / broker office / Truck Sales Organization / Tyre sales companies for a minimum period of 3 Years.
- Should have held a leadership or managerial role for minimum period of 2+ years
- Exposure to various routes and rates prevailing in the major sectors.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Proficiency in Bengali and also fluent in Hindi.
- Familiarity with the Truck engagement procedures and processes
- Basic computer knowledge in tools such as Office, Outlook and willing to understand operation of the GPS Tracker device.
- Should have led the team of Sales Executives/Traffic executives for a minimum period of 3 years at Branch or Regional level.
- Should have competence to guide, motivate and monitor the day to day activities of the team to achieve the set target.
Key Functions & Roles of the Candidate:
- Identifying Truck owners/ Users like Transport company, 3PL, customers etc. who are moving goods between select locations targeted by the company for business.
- Meeting and discussing with the customers, Fleet owners, Brokers, Logistics companies for business development and fulfillment.
- Would be responsible for getting memberships, loads and vehicles on website.
- Ensure fulfillment of request by making availability of Trucks against the loads or vice versa on the portal for business transaction.
- Engage services of franchise agent at non branch location for business fulfillment and enhancement.
- Should be target oriented with P&L responsibility of region
Minimum/Maximum/ Work Experience Required: 4 + Years
Location(s) of Job: Kolkata
Minimum Education Requirements: Graduate, MBA in Marketing
No of rounds of Interviews: Two
Work Timings: As per industry standards
Travel & Allowance: For travel outside base location
Languages: Hindi and local language
Relocation & Reimbursement: To be discussed
Any other skill set: Team player
Information Required (Whichever Applicable):
- Latest Resume
- Current Location:
- Years of Experience:
- Current CTC:
- Expected CTC:
- Notice Period:
- Reason for Change: