This job ad has been posted over 30 days ago...
at Ramya in Bangalore (Published at 06-01-2017)
Jack Enterprises India Ltd
Company Name, Profile, Work Culture: Jack Enterprises India Ltd
Wholly owned subsidiary of Jack Enterprises Ltd – a UK based IT Services Company based in the West Midlands. Jack Enterprises delivers SaaS, web applications and mobile applications to a range of customers. We are a passionate, caring and responsible employer who place great emphasis on employee progression (training, promotion and personal satisfaction).
Point of Contact for CV’s / Email ID: Ramya- email@example.com - 9108002981
Number of Vacancies: 3 (Three)
Job Title / Designation: Web Developer
You will be part of a team of upto 5 developers ensuring a quality, on time and requirement fulfilling delivery. You will be a hands on developer who practices agile methodologies and is passionate about learning more (and passing on your knowledge and passion to others). You will be ultimately responsible for ensuring solutions developed meet the requirements and will play a critical role within the design process. You will be responsible for developing a newly developed web platform that is undergoing exciting developments, as such you will be responsible for introducing new functionality, maintaining existing and providing test/production defect support.
This is an exciting role for a candidate who is ambitious, quick thinking and a great communicator. The platform is being deployed internationally (starting in the UK) and we are the development company working on behalf of a single UK client. As a new company in India (being part of a long established company in the UK) this is a great opportunity for somebody to join the development team at the initial stages, they will be one of the first in place and part of a team responsible for ensuring team setup, process setup and everything else to ensure the team can technically operate (in coordination with the other support teams).
Key Functions & Roles of the Candidate:
- Development and testing of the cross browser/responsive design (PHP, Java, HTML, CSS etc) without shying away from back end development
- Strong understanding of database design and optimization techniques including use of MySQL – able to apply understanding in a consistent manner (in line with company guidelines)
- Support in controlling of all development assets ensuring usage of defined processes/tools is followed
- Driving best practice in design and development – focusing on the company’s core principles of reliability, resilience, operability, and security
- Taking personal responsibility to further own knowledge, apply that to everyday operations and driving knowledge within the company
- Producing at speed quality development, supporting peers in complex development issues and contributing to the growth of the team in terms of knowledge.
- Supporting testing processes as a developer to ensure a high-quality delivery every time and speedy resolution of identified issues
- Championing the business externally to allow the business to be identified as an innovator, technical specialist and great company to work for
Specific Skill Set:
- Excellent spoken and written English
- Excellent numerical skills
- Excellent IT skills in Microsoft Office, Windows, and associated management software
- Excellent practical experience in source control management (github) and integration of external APIs (google maps, payment services etc)
- Ability to work comfortably on Windows and Linux platforms
- Experience using cloud services for development (Azure, AWS etc.)
- Excellent team skills – can work alone and within a large multi-national team
- Experience of working in a PRINCE2, TOGAF9 and Agile environment would be ideal
- Experience translating design mockups and prototypes into working application designs
- Strong web application design skills, including information architecture, interface design and visual design
- Demonstrated passion for user experience design and improving usability whilst ensuring a scalable, high performance application is developed
Minimum/Maximum/ Work Experience Required:
Relevant IT experience (Web Development) – minimum 1year
Annual CTC: 4.5Lp.a
Location(s) of Job: Bangalore
Minimum Education Requirements: Educated to a bachelors or master’s degree level in a computer science degree
No of rounds of Interviews: 4 – initial interview with recruitment team, HR interview, Technical/Background Interview, Final Interview
Work Timings :45 hours a week as follows:
Monday to Friday – 9 hours a day (including 1 for lunch) – 10:30 to 19:30
Occasional weekend working and overtime required.
Travel & Allowance: Allowable
Relocation & Reimbursement: None available
Any other skill set: Approachable, likeable and fun loving individual
Able to see, plan and communicate a direction during difficult times.